Flickr user epSos.de captured this telling photo of pollution on a Malaysian beach. According to the photographer, this waste washes up when polluted water from rivers and streams in China washes out to sea. I think photos like this are a stark reminder that water pollution is a global issue. When plastic and toxic chemicals make their way into the water, they don’t stay put. All the more reason to do what we can to stop water pollution now!
More on Water Pollution:
- Monsanto RoundUp Detected in Water Samples
- Shocking Ocean & Ocean Animal Facts
- China Plans Deep Sea Mining of Copper, Nickel, Cobalt, Silver, and Gold in International Waters
- How Much Should BP Pay for the Gulf Oil Spill?
- EPA vs. Citrus Farmers: Cleaning Up Florida’s Water
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by epSos.de